On behalf of ECO of London CB Services carried out the replacement of the existing 1600 amp switchboard which was of age where it was unsupportable and non-compliant. We were responsible for design development, installation and commissioning of the new 1600 amp Dual supply LV switchboard supplying a 16 storey office block. The works were carried out during a 60 hour weekend shutdown. The tight programme required 24 hour working, this was implemented by two12 hour shifts.
The works included the following:
Intrusive site surveys to include electrical testing to all sub main circuits supplied from the existing switch panel.
- Manage the design of the new panel to ensure all existing cables & switches where installed to suit existing cable lengths.
- Manage the logistics & installation of the new 10m panel within the basement switch room.The panel was fully built and site tested within the switch room prior to the weekend shutdown and then rolled into position by a specialist contractor.
- Installation of Temporary lighting and Air conditioning for installation works.
- Shutdown & isolate the existing switch panel, all submains cabled removed, panel dismantled and removed during first 12 hour shift.
- Modification of existing cables and install them into new switch panel.
- Electrical testing of all sub mains circuits post new panel installation.